Residents are being urged to steer clear of water-logged parks, playgrounds and inundated roads this weekend as rain is expected to continue across the region.
Currently, the Bureau of Meteorology has forecast a high chance of wet weather for tonight and into Saturday.
A moderate flood warning for the Kolan River and Baffle Creek has been issued, with flooding occurring at Bucca Weir.
A moderate flood warning has also been activated for the lower Burnett River.
BOM has forecast the river could reach the minor flood level of 3.5 metres overnight tonight into tomorrow as it coincides with high tides tomorrow morning.
These levels will inundate low-lying areas such as North Lions Park, Queens Park, river walkways, Lake Ellen playground and possibly Kendall Flat sports field.
Low-lying roads around the CBD could also be cut off.
No dwellings are expected to be impacted at the predicted levels.
Currently, several roads are closed around the region due to flash flooding.
- Never drive in flood waters.
- Never swim or wade in flood waters.
- Continue to monitor your local media for updated information and advice.
- For life threatening emergencies, call Triple Zero (000).
- For storm and flood related property damage, call the State Emergency Service: 132 500.
Find out more and keep up to date by visiting the Disaster Dashboard here.
Related news: BOM: Get familiar with warning terminology