From sips and samplings to fruit trees and farm tours, there’s plenty on offer in this year’s Taste Bundaberg Festival Tours and Tastings program.
Those looking to get some mud on their boots can choose from one of the immersive farm tours showcasing some of our region’s best produce.
In August, join the Bargara Berries farm tour to learn more about the process of growing strawberries and sample a few jams and sauces along the way, or just pop in to pick your own between 9 am and 5 pm daily.
Start your day with coffee and cake and leave with a bunch of blooms on the One Little Farm tour or enjoy an orchard tour at Macadamias Australia before relaxing with a picnic pack under the trees.
If trees are your thing, then don’t miss out on one of Council’s free guided tours of the Rare Fruit Tree Orchard at the Bundaberg Botanic Gardens on Monday 7 August.
Some of the region’s best tipples will also be showcased, with cellar door tastings at Ohana Winery, gin distillery tours at Kalki Moon and of course the chance to blend your own rum at the iconic Bundaberg Rum Visitor Experience.
The Bundaberg Barrel will also be offering its popular self-guided tours and tastings while HSG at the Gardens will host kombucha appreciation classes as well as Kadilly Coffee appreciation classes with Rod Walmsley.
Council’s Arts, Culture and Events portfolio spokesperson Cr John Learmonth said there was plenty on offer for locals and visitors alike at this year's Taste Bundaberg Festival.
“It’s great to get out and taste our fantastic local products while also learning more about how they’re made,” he said.
“Our own Botanic Gardens have a host of rare fruit trees so don’t miss out on the chance to learn first-hand how they are grown and cared for.
“Not only are the Rare Fruit Tree Tours free but visitors will also get the bonus gift of their own Grumichama tree to take home.”
Taste Bundaberg Festival Tours and Tastings
- Pick Your Own Strawberries – Bargara Berries
- Farm Tour – Bargara Berries
- Cellar Door Tastings – Ohana Winery
- Tasting & Self-Guided Gallery Tour – The Bundaberg Barrel
- Blend Your Own Rum – Bundaberg Rum Visitor Experience
- Flower Farm Tour – One Little Farm
- Kadilly Coffee Appreciation Class – HSG at the Gardens
- Orchard Tour and Picnic Pack – Macadamias Australia
- Rare Fruit Tree Tours – Bundaberg Regional Council (Botanic Gardens)
- Kombucha Appreciation Class – HSG at the Gardens
- Distillery Tour – Kalki Moon
For more information on the tours listed click here.