Bundaberg Regional Council has launched its new website at www.bundaberg.qld.gov.au.
Governance portfolio councillor Helen Blackburn said the new website is easier to navigate and features a fresh modern look.
“The site has been created for people to easily find what they’re looking for,” Cr Blackburn said.
“It’s mobile friendly, which is very important as most people today access websites from mobile devices.
“The design standards are the highest possible for people who are visually impaired.”
Establishment of the new website follows a review last year which consolidated multiple Council sites into five:
- Bundaberg Regional Council for corporate information
- Arts Bundaberg for Moncrieff Entertainment Centre, art galleries and libraries
- What’s On Bundaberg for events, and
- Discover Bundaberg for local tourism and venues (launching soon)
- Invest Bundaberg for economic development and investment attraction (launching soon).
Council news announcements have been published on Bundaberg Now since earlier this year.
“The website consolidation project makes it easier for people to find what they’re looking for,” Cr Blackburn said.
“Each site has a clearly defined purpose and audience.
“It will take a few weeks for search engines to catch up with the recent changes and people may need to change their bookmarks for commonly accessed pages.
“We apologise for any short-term inconvenience.”
People who wish to access pages from the old website can still do so via the National Library of Australia, which retains archives of every local government site in the country.