The stage is set for an action-packed day at the Taste Bundaberg Farmers Market this Saturday, with a number of special guests taking to the all-new cooking stage for live demonstrations and cooking challenges.
From ex-NRL players Willie Mason and Terry Lamb to celebrity chefs Colin Fassnidge and Kirsten Tibballs, and Bundaberg Region chefs including Joey Caruana, there will be something for everyone to watch and learn about as they demonstrate different cooking skills.
Local produce will be used as part of the demonstrations, with Joey and Hervey Bay’s Dan and Steph cooking up Moroccan loaded sweet potatoes using products from Sweet Potatoes Australia and Colin Fassnidge using Red Shed Seafood in his poached fish in prawn bisque dish.
Council’s Arts, Culture and Events portfolio spokesperson Cr John Learmonth said the cooking stage provided the opportunity for people to stock their pantry and get inspiration for new dishes.
“Event-goers will have the chance to see celebrity chefs live and free at the Taste Bundaberg Farmers Markets, with the morning not only being about sourcing fresh produce for your pantry, but also about being inspired through these amazing cooking demonstrations,” he said.
“The Taste Bundaberg Farmers Market brings the region’s culinary, hospitality, food, and farming industries together to showcase the flavours of our region while giving people the opportunity to support local.
“It is set to be a great day out so come with your bellies empty and stock up on all of the wonderful product and produce on offer!”
You can find the full cooking stage line up here:
• 7 am – 7.30 am: Welcome with Joey Caruana and Bree Grima
• 7.30 am – 8.15 am: Kirsten Tibballs demonstration
• 8.30 am – 9.15 am: Joey Caruana (The Windmill Bargara) and Dan and Steph (Eat at Dan & Steph’s) – Moroccan loaded sweet potatoes using products from Sweet Potatoes Australia
• 9.15 am – 9.30 am: Strawberry Jam Competition winners announced
• 9.30 am – 10.15 am: Kirsten Tibballs demonstration using the winning strawberry jam
• 10.30 am – 11.15 am: Colin Fassnidge – Pork belly crackling with apple butter
• 11.30 am – 12.15 pm: Bulldogs Mystery Box Challenge
• 12.30 pm – 1.15 pm: Colin Fassnidge – Poached local fish in a prawn bisque using products from Red Shed Seafood
The Taste Bundaberg Farmers Market will be on this Saturday from 7 am until 2 pm at the Bundaberg Recreational Precinct with the full program available here.
Date: Saturday 6 August
Time: 7 am to 2 pm
Location: Bundaberg Recreational Precinct
Cost: Free event